problems with 1200p

vixl2ds

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
I am getting glitches and cursor glitches... on my monitor...

heres what I have

I had a single 1080p monitor and I had no issues... I bought another monitor (1920x1200) for dual setup, and then shit started happening.

main monitor - LG 24EB23 1920x1200
2nd monitor - LG 23EA63 1920x1080

I have the 1080 monitor on the left in portrait mode, and theh 1200 on the right in default mode.

system:
fx8350
990fxa-ud3
16gb ram
gtx 770 2gb

running windows 7

so the mouse gets glithes, like its lagging, I dont know how to describe it... and for example, if I let a game or a benchmark run, it will drop me to desktop and show me this (image). I dont know if I can pair different resolution panels, or theres a different issue.

looking for solution, thanks !!!

9342cd620d0367fb56881adbc4442306.png

Trenchcoat

Honorable
May 7, 2013

I ran dual monitors for a while and it's always glitchy in games recently, probably more-so in your case with a portrait setup. The only reason for having 2 displays open is to surf while waiting so you should be playing in windowed mode. The simple and effective answer is to disable your second monitor when gaming.

vixl2ds

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
actualy games are fine... yeah I can get that aero pop up sometimes, but i reject it and relaunch the program and it goes ok... but the mouse is glitching... and I cant put my finger on it... its like the OS rejects 1200p or the monitor itself is to blame...

more testing needed...

mapesdhs

Distinguished
IMO it's not a resources issue with Aero, rather the whole system is just plain buggy. Turning all fancy effects off is the first
thing to try when an app is misbehaving. Personally I don't like any of those visual bells & whistles, so I turn them all off
after a clean install anyway.

If that doesn't help though then it's hard to say. You could try using a different driver version for the GPU.

Ian.

vixl2ds

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
well I'll try, but the whole concept of aero peak bugging seams to be wierd... so it is ok at 1080p, but 1200p has bugs for some reason... I can test it with windows 8 though... but I just activated a W7 code for this machine about 2-3 months ago

vixl2ds

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
I will check that...

I think the problem is with this 1200 monitor regardless if they are both connected...

so what I've done so far:
I unplugged 1080p monitor to just work on 1200 to figure it out.
Funny or not, I installed the driver that came with the monitor (cd)... (a question > do monitors need drivers? I never done it before, so the driver cd was a nuisance to me). If I noticed it, the driver made the lag "lighter", if made any difference at all.
Then, I wiped my OS and made a clean install. I dont get any aero peek notifications in valley, heaven benchmarks, although it seems there still is a bit of lag. And sometimes the mouse lags as well. Input lag or whatever this is.
Just bought a dual link DVI and replaced the single link (came with the monitor) to see if this will do anything.

I planned to test the monitor with different PCs and cables, as well as installing windows 8 to see if theres and OS factor. To my surprise the monitor is actually, well I want to say rubbish. On the connector side it only has vga and dvi (audio in/out, thats not an argument). So I cant test hdmi.

Will see how this new cable manages it. Will continue posting and testing.