Problems with 2 hard drives

DaronMal

Distinguished
A few months ago, I used 2 hard drives in my computer, a 1 TB that came with it, and a 500 GB that I jacked out of my old computer, and both worked fine. A while ago, my main (1 TB) hard drive crashed, I sent it to a repair shop and they tried to recover the files (Around 700 GB/1 TB storage was full) and they got about 2 GB of files off the hard drive before it failed completely.

Then, I was stuck with my 500 GB hard drive, and here's where I hit more problems. My 500 GB hard drive is messed up (not sure how) and it only reads under "My Computer" as 148 GBs. I've been using it for a couple months now since my other hard drive died but I just couldn't stand on only 148 GBs of storage.

So I purchased a 1 TB hard drive and put it in my computer, my computer recognizes in BIOS that it's there and plugged in, but it's NOT under "My Computer". I also have a mystery device under "My Computer" that I theorize MAY be my 1 TB hard drive.

TL;DR

I need help with:

- My 500 GB hard drive only reading as 148 GB.

-My new 1 TB hard drive not showing up at all in my computer.

[strike]-If I get the 1 TB working, could I just move my OS and all my files from the 148 GB one to the 1 TB without any hassle or would I have to do more so it'd work correctly?[/strike]

I'll be very active to try and get help on this, so if you post a reply, expect a quick response since I want these fixed ASAP, thanks in advance for any help I'm given.

This is a picture of the "My Computer" screen
tt1XALj.jpg