Problems with a 20" Nanao Chassis

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Ok, I've got a 20" nanao chassis and tube in one of my machines that is
causing me a bit of grief at the moment.

Basically, it plays blind.

the tube has power and when you turn the flyback up - you get jailbars.. but
there's nothing happening - squat !

Cant for the life of me think of what has happened.. not a fuse or cap..

Changed boards in the cabinet, still no dice - plays blind.

Suggestions welcomed !

- Chris.
http://www.myarcadegames.com
http://www.kwinanafrs.com
( Perth, Western Australia )

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

If you get sound and you have swapped game boards just to make sure it
wasn't the game, then it is the classic monitor that needs to be repaired.
Easiest thing is to send it off to P&L Video Games. $39.00 flat fee.
"Chris Bedwell" <removeantispam_tes@southwest.com.au> wrote in message
> Ok, I've got a 20" nanao chassis and tube in one of my machines that is
> causing me a bit of grief at the moment.
>
> Basically, it plays blind.
>
> the tube has power and when you turn the flyback up - you get jailbars..
> but there's nothing happening - squat !
>
> Cant for the life of me think of what has happened.. not a fuse or cap..
>
> Changed boards in the cabinet, still no dice - plays blind.
>
> Suggestions welcomed !
>
> - Chris.
> http://www.myarcadegames.com
> http://www.kwinanafrs.com
> ( Perth, Western Australia )

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I'm in Australia Russ, it could be a little hexxy on the shipping..
I'll have to get it serviced locally, but thanks ! :)

- Chris.
www.myarcadegames.com

"Russ" <StateStreetAmusements@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you get sound and you have swapped game boards just to make sure it
> wasn't the game, then it is the classic monitor that needs to be repaired.
> Easiest thing is to send it off to P&L Video Games. $39.00 flat fee.
> "Chris Bedwell" <removeantispam_tes@southwest.com.au> wrote in message
>> Ok, I've got a 20" nanao chassis and tube in one of my machines that is
>> causing me a bit of grief at the moment.
>>
>> Basically, it plays blind.
>>
>> the tube has power and when you turn the flyback up - you get jailbars..
>> but there's nothing happening - squat !
>>
>> Cant for the life of me think of what has happened.. not a fuse or cap..
>>
>> Changed boards in the cabinet, still no dice - plays blind.
>>
>> Suggestions welcomed !
>>
>> - Chris.
>> http://www.myarcadegames.com
>> http://www.kwinanafrs.com
>> ( Perth, Western Australia )

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I found this site today. They claim to repair Nanao monitors and they are in
Australia. Not sure if this helps
http://www.jomac.net.au/index.htm