Problems with a 2channels PCI-e Serial ATA II Host Raid Controller car

churomax

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
Hello, I'm adding a comment to my previous post.
Besides, is it possible to connect the two Sata HDDs to the MoBo SATA slots to test second disk functionality? Is there an extra config to do? Thanks, greets. :)

churomax

Distinguished
May 21, 2009

It's my previous post, sorry not to link this.http://www.tomsguide.com/us/forum/281462-10-problems-2channels-serial-host-raid-controller

Thanks for your answer.

PS.: Besides the two sata HDD I have two sata DVD drivers too, that's why I bought the controller card, please, guide me on doing the correct config/conection. Thaks, greets.

Curiously, that link takes me to exactly this same conversation in the Guide. I am still confused.

If this is the answer that you are seeking, you can connect both HDDs to the two motherboard SATA slots and both DVD drives to the controller card, or vice-versa. You might have an issue installing Windows with both DVD drives attached to the controller card, as you may need an additional driver, for that card, during installation.

churomax

Distinguished
May 21, 2009

Thanks bro, nearly answer, and it's clearer for me. The first post is as follows:

Hello, my Asus(M2N68-AM SE2) MoBo has only two SATA slots with a HDD-500GB (C-OS & two partitions more) & DVD/RW-Sata connected. I bought a 2channels PCI-e Serial ATA II Host Raid Controller Card & think Win7 hasn't the drivers for this card, since doesn't recognize another HDD & a new sata DVD/RW drive. Win7 sees the card & appears on booting having only the DVD driver selected as drive One(but doesn't work), the 250GB HDD doesn't exist; both of them don't appear in My PC window & nowhere else. What can I do? Please help me. Thanks for your answer. Greetings from Argentina.

I hope this is what really counts for understanding my problem. Again, sorry for my troublesome post and thanks for your patience.

OK. I think the answer is in two parts, then. You have to have Win7 running, add the card, and install the drivers for the card. If you don't have the drivers, you can download them from the manufacturer's site.

If your system drive and installation DVD drive are on the motherboard channels, then you will be able to download and install the drivers, after which you will see the other two cards. But if either your system disk or DVD drive are on the new card, Windows will not be able to install unless you do the F6 (?) during installation to add drivers, and present the drivers for that card on a floppy or USB drive. Then, the installation process will have the card driver and be able to do the install.

In fact, I'm not sure that you could boot the DVD from that card at all - you would have to try the experiment.

churomax

Distinguished
May 21, 2009

Yes, you're right. I'll have to try both solutions but first of all get the drivers because the card drivers CD doesn't include these for Win7.
This is great from you. I'm thankfull. kind regards. :D

churomax

Distinguished
May 21, 2009

I'm really sorry for having bother you with my questions but the reality is harder. The trouble point with my components is that my 200GB-HD is dead and doesn't work in anyway. Tried in both mobo sata connectors and nothing, at last tried in another PC and nothing again, so there isn't any solution at all. Anyway thanks for your help. My best regards.