[SOLVED] Problems with a Fractal Design Define 7 XL case

Sveindawg

Honorable
Aug 11, 2016
I recently bought a Fractal Design R7 XL case. I've mounted everything but those side panel just will not stay firm after trying to put them back on.

I've taken a look in the manual and it says that I can use some screws to secure the panels. However, the picture in the panel is a little diffuse (at least to me), so I really have no idea of what to do. Could someone here help me out?

Solution
That's simply for extra security when you're shipping or moving around the case since the side panels are tool-less. This would have nothing to do with your current issue.

I'd recommend watching some build videos for this case. If put on correctly and the case/panel aren't physically warped, it will go on properly.
there are no thumbscrews for the side panel:
11-352-120-V21.jpg

but the top panels may not be seated properly.
possibly they mean to screw this top panel down more evenly.

or possibly to screw the side panel into the top of the rear panel, you can see the connection in the top rear corner where side and back meet:
a7_021920.jpg

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
That's simply for extra security when you're shipping or moving around the case since the side panels are tool-less. This would have nothing to do with your current issue.

I'd recommend watching some build videos for this case. If put on correctly and the case/panel aren't physically warped, it will go on properly.

Solution