Question Problems with a used GTX 1070 crashing to desktop ?

kusica2

Reputable
Jun 20, 2016
Problems with a used GTX 1070 -- usually crashes to desktop when gaming/furmark, and in the vent viewer it shows errors like display drivers and openGL ?

I just bought a used G1 gaming gtx 1070, and I have had a few issues recently and I dont know if its undervolting or anything because I checked and all speeds and specs are factory and set default, when I play games or stress test it in furmark, it usually runs fine for 2-5min, then it crashes to desktop and sometimes my 2 screens go black the same way if I would unplug display or dvi cable out of monitor and then it restarts and shows desktop normally on both. The names of the crash in event viewer are always, pc nevers crashes in the way for the reboot ro be needed, just on desktop and those errors are the ones I can see in the event viewer and its weird also if a card reaches 65+ degree temperature or fans start to spin for heavier tasks/games it usually crashes then. So I would love for some helpful info because I am really lost and I just wanna game and chill and this is so painfull because I just spent 400€ in 2021 for a almost 5yr old GPU...

"A TDR has been detected.
The application must close.

Error code: 7
(pid=15080 tid=13504 furmark.exe 32bit)"

OR The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video5
Graphics SM Global Exception on (GPC 0, TPC 4): Physical Multiple Warp Errors"

OR
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

Well my first advice would be to stop running Furmark on an old video card you can't afford to lose. Furmark is a torture test and is not indicative of normal GPU use.

As far as the game crashes what PSU are you running ? and how is your case airflow ? Those two things intersect with game crashes more often than not.

Reactions: kusica2

kusica2

Reputable
Jun 20, 2016
Well my first advice would be to stop running Furmark on an old video card you can't afford to lose. Furmark is a torture test and is not indicative of normal GPU use.

As far as the game crashes what PSU are you running ? and how is your case airflow ? Those two things intersect with game crashes more often than not.

700w psu so its more than enough, update of the story****: I gave it back to the owner and he was kind enough to give me my money back, apparently his nephew lied on the advertisement page and said that it was used for gaming, dude told me it was directly from his mining rig and that it was used constantly for mining for 4 yrs haha :D also undervolted etc. etc.... now I bought a used Auros Gigabyte 1080 and it works perfectly like a charm cuz it was used for normal use/gaming....so we all good, thanks for your advice/assitance/help anyway :)

Reactions: dorsai