stormman34

Reputable
Dec 17, 2018
My friend has a laptop that he doesn't use much but he wanted to reinstall it because it had Windows 7 and he wanted to be safe. Here are the specs:
  • CPU - i7-2675QM
  • GPUs - Intel HD Graphics, AMD HD 6750M
  • RAM - Dual-Channel 2x4GB
So I reinstalled it to Win 10, the AMD driver but install by itself, the resolution would set itself automatically, but when restarted it, it would boot normally, but into 1000x986 (I don't remember exactly) resolution and AMD GPU would report error 43. I tried to install the AMD driver manually, at first it would get stuck on the 2nd flicker during installation, then it would stop at the 2nd flicker for a really long time but then continue with the install seemingly normally, CCC would work, I could even configure switchable graphics and restart the laptop without problem. So I thought, ''Problem solved!'', and started to install programs and some games. But when I tried to open Minecraft I would get an error even opening the launcher. When I restarted the laptop the driver broke again and I turned insane.

Here's what I already tried:
I also tried to manually install the driver through the Device Manager.

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? Since this is a laptop, you forgot to mention the make and model/ SKU for the unit. You will also need to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop.

Now, which drivers have you tried to work with? Ideally you should disconnect from the internet, after you've manually downloaded the appropriate drivers using a donor system, then manually installing sourced drivers.

stormman34

Reputable
Dec 17, 2018
The notebook is a Samsung NP700Z5AH, but on the internet, I mostly find just NP700Z5A. The BIOS installed is the latest. I installed and reinstalled Win10 Pro and Win 10 Pro N several times using the Media Creation Tool. I even reinstalled the Media Creation Tool twice. I tried Catalyst Software suite 15.7.1 WHQL, Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta and I even tried drivers from the Samsung Update app from the Microsoft Store. Another thing to note is that Samsung hasn't released drivers for Win 10 so I have to hope backwards compatibility will have my back. I've looked a little more into this today and I found that the 6000M series cards need some special driver combo that is for AMD and INTEL at the same time. I haven't yet tried to install the older drivers from the Samsung website using compatibility mode so I'll update on that.

stormman34

Reputable
Dec 17, 2018
I tried to install the Samsung provided drivers but the Intel one just didn't even start up (not very surprised since it was a WinXP driver) and the AMD one installed but showed the classic 'There's no settings for CCC to configure' error.

Jun 22, 2020
Dear,
I´m just stucking with some similar problems. Same model: NP700Z5AH and windows 10.
After complete new reinstallation of windows 10 PC is working with the following drivers:
AMD - 15.201.1151.1008
HD Graphics 3000 - 9.17.10.4459
installed automatically by windows.

My biggest problem is:
1 - during boot of windows, the logo disappears, then black screen for maybe 1 minute, then back to normal.
Sometimes during start of windows "WHEA Uncorrectable Error" with blue screen is appearing, then back to point 1.

Did you find the solution how to run stable this laptop under windows 10?

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2020
SOLVED !!! :)

Problem regarding the two graphic units of this laptop...

Step 1
Go to the registry by typing "regedit" in windows search.

Step 2
Go to the "Edit" tab and click on "Find".

Step 3
In the text box type in "EnableULPS" and then press Find.

Step 4
You should see "EnableULPS". Double click on it.

Step 5
Change the value from "1" to "0"