Problems with AMD FX 8350 and Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix

mardinn

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
Hello there
I don't know if I am having any problems.

This is my setup.
AMD FX 8350 with the Evo 212 cooler.
Asus Geforce GTX 970 STRIX edition 8-pin is connected and I see a white LED when it's connected.
Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
8 GB of RAM.
Some SSDs and HDDs
2 Monitors as well.
The CPU is running moderately cool 40 degrees sometimes less.
GPU is running at 68 degrees under load.

Assassin's Creed Unity and Far Cry 4 at 1080p aren't running as smoothly as I thought it would. 30-50 FPS in Far Cry 4 .. sometimes even lower. AC Unity .. 35-50 FPS ..
Previously I had a ATI Radeon HD 7850. So I thought the jump would be huge but boy was I disappointed.
My Radeon 7850 couldn't run AC Unity at all.. I had 10-15 FPS. With lower settings and lowest resolution.
This is my Unigen Heaven Benchmark results.

http://i.imgur.com/Dqb5Uou.png
So I am asking you guys if its just all in my head.. or this is how the 250 pounds graphics card is supposed to perform..

Also this is my other benchmark result.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3785958

Neur0nauT

Admirable
If you check on other benchmarks for this card, you will see similar results, but don't be disheartened.

Remember that you are testing at maximum settings in Heaven - Ultra with 8xAA, there are not many cards below yours that can even get an average 30fps with those settings. My suggestion is to lower the AA on your games, you will not notice much difference in quality between x4 and x8 when you are jumping off a roof, and getting into a sword fight in Assassins creed unity.

Play about with the settings until you get it looking good and running great. Should be easy enough with a 970 to get 60+ easily in most recent releases. It is a good card for the cost, it'll last you for a good few years at least.

Pr3di

Honorable
Please use MSI Afterburner in-game and display the CPU/GPU/RAM temps/usage while gaming, and give us the results.
If the temps and usage are fine, then most likely it`s a software problem since FC4 at least it`s still badly optimised, and I think the same goes for ACU.

Let me know if you need help setting MSI Afterburner to display this info in-game.

mardinn

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
Oh okay I understand I will turn down the AA in Unigen Heaven Benchmark. Though I am not at my computer so I won't be able to test it out.

In AC Unity I have Enviroment and Texture on Ultra but Shadows, AA, and Ambiend Occlusion is the lowest setting possible.. When in crowds I get 30 fps.

But I understand. I thought if I got the 970 I would be able to play and Max Settings at 60 fps. Oh well.. when I get home I'll test out the Unigen Heaven benchmark at some reasonable settings then.