Problems with an SSD

mordornoob_05

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
So I have a PNY CS1311 240GB. What's been happening is my computer will either blue screen, or from being booted up from being shut down it will just say there is no media press any key to restart etc. At first I thought the issue was with the SSD. But the way I've been fixing it is opening up my computer and pushing in the sata cable a little more on the mobo side. Then I boot the computer and it boots just fine. At this point I thought it was the sata cable. Well I switched sata cables switched to different slots on the mobo and it still happens but not all the time just at random times.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? I do not think it's the SSD, but it might be. I've tested it already and there is nothing wrong with it. Has anyone had this problem with this specific SSD before? Also sorry if above is hard to follow, if you need more information just comment and let me know.

I have used the PNY models several times, and have not had issues, but that is not to say that it's impossible for yours not to be bad. Try a BIOS update and check for a chipset driver for your system if there is something newer. Maybe try a clean Windows setup. That is often a good step to take before swapping out hardware.

mordornoob_05

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013

I haven't tried a BIOS update and I think someone actually recommended that. I'll look into it and let you know if it changes anything. Regardless I'm still under warranty so if it continues to happen even after the update and a clean install I'm just going to try and get a new one.

Latest posts