Question Problems with aorus B450 pro front panel connectors

Jan 31, 2021
I have built my first pc and made sure everything is plugged in right. However I need help with the front panel connectors. When I first turned my psu on the leds for the case power button didn’t turn on. I put them in the right space according the the manual after messing about I found out they work in another space. So the manual is wrong and I can’t figure out where the power switch and hard drive leds go. Can anyone help?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
my b450 aorus pro followed the manual 100%

is it possible, you have the wrong wire from the case itself. they can be mislabeled.

i've now built about 6 pc's with this same mobo and have yet to find it labeled wrong. though it is a bit tricky if you try to use that included adapter which let's them slip about if you don't fill it up which is hard to do.

i have had 1 of them where i had to get real close and trace the front panel wires as they were not labeled right.

Jan 31, 2021

is it possible, you have the wrong wire from the case itself. they can be mislabeled.

i've now built about 6 pc's with this same mobo and have yet to find it labeled wrong. though it is a bit tricky if you try to use that included adapter which let's them slip about if you don't fill it up which is hard to do.

i have had 1 of them where i had to get real close and trace the front panel wires as they were not labeled right.

it could be possible, my case only has power leds, power switch and hard drive led so it could be mislabelled with the hard drive led. But with the switch leds when I put them in the space it tells me too nothing happened so I moved them across by one and they worked. So I’m confused with that bit because they work in the place the power switch is meant to go.

popatim

Titan
Led cable have a polarity to the them. Switches do not.
So on the LED cables look the pwr & hdd wires. One color will be on both (often white) and that is the ground or negative ( - ) the other wire is the +
make sure the + of the wire goes to the + of the respective header pins

Reactions: Math Geek
Jan 31, 2021
Led cable have a polarity to the them. Switches do not.
So on the LED cables look the pwr & hdd wires. One color will be on both (often white) and that is the ground or negative ( - ) the other wire is the +
make sure the + of the wire goes to the + of the respective header pins
I’ve done that however they won’t work where they are meant to be and only work where the power switch should go. But the power switch doesn’t seem to work on any of the pins

TRENDING THREADS