Problems with ASUS G73 laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

chucklawrence

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
I recently purchased an ASUS G73jh-A1-cbil Republic of Gamers laptop. I am experiencing problems with some kind of foriegn language key logger. It pops up infrequently when playing Halo 2 and continuously with Crysis. It looks like a Win 7 "gadget" and behaves like Sticky Keys, but but tracks all key srokes in Japanese/Chinese characters. It will, during games change keyboard settings, graphics setting, crash games and on one occasion crashed the computer (forced a memory stack dump). ASUS was absolutely no help, insisting that I needed to restore Win7 every time I called (4x now).
I spoke to someone who has an ASUS G51vx-X1A, He expeiences the same problems with his laptop but so infrequently that he ignores it.
Has anyone else ever seen this problem, know what it is or how to kill it?

The next time you start a game, see if there are any strange processes or applications running in the background. If you can find one, shut it down and see what happens. Have you tried running a virus/malware scan to see if it picks anything up?

chucklawrence

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
Thanks for the responce, I had already tried those ideas. No virus'/malware, and no unusual process' that I could tell. The simplest solution was just to return the POC before my 30 days had run out.

Thanks anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.