Question Problems with Aura Sync.

Feb 6, 2020
"cleaned" my registry using ccleaner and then noticed the rgb lights on my strix 2080ti weren't working. i clicked to open aura sync and i get an error saying "AuraSync is currently unavailable. Please close Aura and check if AuraService is installed and started properly. I've tried reinstalling Aura Sync, reinstalling display drivers for my gpu and neither of those things worked. I continue to get that same error and cant find a solution for this.

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
"cleaned" my registry using ccleaner and then noticed the rgb lights on my strix 2080ti weren't working. i clicked to open aura sync and i get an error saying "AuraSync is currently unavailable. Please close Aura and check if AuraService is installed and started properly. I've tried reinstalling Aura Sync, reinstalling display drivers for my gpu and neither of those things worked. I continue to get that same error and cant find a solution for this.

Cleaning registry isn't really necessary and has a big risk. Most registry cleaners are just scams wanting you to believe that it can speed up your PC big time. Unless it isn't causing an issue on your system do not clean up your registry or at least make a backup of it so you can restore it to its former working state.

Note that even CCleaner screws up in registry cleaning. These softwares aren't perfect especially the premium competitors marketed falsely to grab customers money.. They can literally brick your device on the soft side.

Feb 6, 2020

Cleaning registry isn't really necessary and has a big risk. Most registry cleaners are just scams wanting you to believe that it can speed up your PC big time. Unless it isn't causing an issue on your system do not clean up your registry or at least make a backup of it so you can restore it to its former working state.

Note that even CCleaner screws up in registry cleaning. These softwares aren't perfect especially the premium competitors marketed falsely to grab customers money.. They can literally brick your device on the soft side.
Yeah I guess I learned that the hard way. Luckily I actually did have a backup of my registry but restoring it didn't immediately fix the issue. Thank you for the notes!

TRENDING THREADS