Problems with battery/power on Gateway NE57005u

rococo365

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
I bought a Gateway NE57005u laptop on Amazon in the early months of this year. It was around the middle of November when I first noticed that there were several occasions when the laptop would not be charging. I ignored the first signs (it happened two or three times during separate computer sessions) because it occurred when I ran a game that was honestly too much for it to handle, so I wrote it off as something that would be fixed if I deleted the game and usedthe laptop as I did before.
Obviously the problem has since then magnified up to a point where sometimes it won't charge even when it is turned off.

Now then, a couple of things:
When my laptop is connected and charging, only one of the two leftmost lights on the front lights up--blue for fully charged, orange for still charging. When the computer stops charging and the problem occurs the two lights start blinking and doesn't stop blinking until I pull the plug. This is the most conspicuous sign that something's wrong.

I do not get the "Plugged in, Not Charging" notification when this problem occurs.

I tried using the laptop plugged in without the battery in, but it shut down abruptly.

I read online it might be a dirt issue inside the laptop so I got it cleaned by a professional for a fee. It didn't work.

I live in a country where Gateway does not operate and cannot take my laptop to a A/S center. So even with warranty I seem to be unable to get it anywhere in my land.

I'm sorry for the long post and if anyone has any ideas of what might be the issue, please answer.