Question Problems with booting

Nov 26, 2023
so I have a msi b350m bazooka and amd ryzen 5 5600x and it seems they aren't compatible? at first I thought it was a gpu issue, as the display wouldnt work but then i noticed the mobo has a debug led system and the CPU light is flashed on. gpu and memory and ssd is fine. I've been to multiple forums and I've been told the same thing, that I need an older AM4 cpu to update the bios. yet no one will tell me what cpu to get or otherwise. please help?

elderMat7

Honorable
Feb 4, 2018
You can check here (Sort by cores to see the cheapest and likely supported models) and get a CPU that your current BIOS supports. Or give it to some repair shop to do the BIOS flash for you with a CPU they have on hand, if that's cheaper than buying a new CPU.

Nov 26, 2023
You can check here (Sort by cores to see the cheapest and likely supported models) and get a CPU that your current BIOS supports. Or give it to some repair shop to do the BIOS flash for you with a CPU they have on hand, if that's cheaper than buying a new CPU.
the problem is I can't seem to find whether it's compatible without an update or not. im kinda dumb and just want a name on a cheap cpu I can throw in there to update the bios.