Problems with charging my Dell laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libby-Anderson

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
I am having problems with charging my laptop. When the battery on my Dell laptop started getting low I plugged the charger in but nothing was happening. I tried three different chargers and still the same. My laptop has now fully run out of battery so can no longer switch it on. I originally thought I needed a replacement battery but I was not having problems with it before and surely the laptop would still switch on when plugged into the mains? I wondered if it is something to do with the charging port as when the charger is plugged in to the mains a green light appears, but when I plug it into the laptop the light disappears. Before I buy new batteries etc. does anyone know what the problem could be?

Solution
It could be the port or the battery. Try completely removing the battery completely and see if you can run your laptop with just a charger. If that doesn't work, I would blame the port. If it does work, then you probably need a new battery. Of course, there could be more than one thing that is broken.
It could be the port or the battery. Try completely removing the battery completely and see if you can run your laptop with just a charger. If that doesn't work, I would blame the port. If it does work, then you probably need a new battery. Of course, there could be more than one thing that is broken.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.