problems with dual monitors on a 9800Pro

krazynutz

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
I have a Sony Trinitron 420GS and when it recognizes my monitor as the Sony, everything's fine. But every so often, my 9800 pro just recognizes it as a default monitor and the refresh rate gets all screwed up. It still says 85Hz but it flickers like 60. I have to set it to 75, then back to 85 to work. Now, I added an Apple monitor with a VGA adapter. I use it on the VGA jack and I use my Sony on the DVI jack (with an adapter) for a dual monitor display. Now I have REAL problems. I use my Sony(DVI) as Monitor 2 on the left (for my main monitor) and my Apple(VGA) as Monitor 1 on the right(for the extended desktop). Every so often, my card swithes the monitors and says my Sony is montior 1 and my Apple is monitor 2 and it becomes one big clusterfu©k. It's actually recognizing the monitors on the wrong jacks - saying my Sony is now the main(VGA) and the apple is the secondary(DVI). My best option is to just reboot because if I try to fix it, it just makes it worse. Today I had my start menu/toolbar and cursor on BOTH SCREENS! It was like the same signal went to both cards! What gives? Why does this happen? Does anyone else have this problem?

<font color=blue>You don't happen to have six fingers on your right hand, do you?</font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by krazynutz on 06/29/04 04:35 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

krazynutz

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
does anybody have dual monitors on a 9800 pro?

<font color=blue>You don't happen to have six fingers on your right hand, do you?</font color=blue>