Question Problems with fans after a new GPU installation ?

Jun 1, 2021
Hello all.

I updated my GTX 1070 to RTX 2060. (i7-7700, 16Gb Ram). After installing I used the GeForce experience to download the latest drivers. I noticed that when I plug in my headset, the fans go crazy, but the temp stays around 75-80C when gaming and 45-50C when using it for regular stuff (fans are okay at this point).

I tried to delete the Nvidia Audio Driver, with the hope that when the PC turns on, it will download it automatically. Now my fans go crazy no matter if the headset is connected or not (temps are the same as before, even lower)

Any ideas how and what I should try?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your PSU? How old is the unit? You're advised to use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from the platform before removing the prior GPU from the platform to populate the latest GPU. i.e, DDU>GTX1070>shutdown>RTX2060>install the latest drivers in elevated command.

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Jun 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your PSU? How old is the unit? You're advised to use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from the platform before removing the prior GPU from the platform to populate the latest GPU. i.e, DDU>GTX1070>shutdown>RTX2060>install the latest drivers in elevated command.

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I bought a pre built PC, it is Omen 870-224, 3 years ago. The only thing that has been updated is the GPU, everything else is in place,

So, now that I have installed the RTX drivers, should I use the DDU to uninstall everything and reinstall it?