Problems With GPU, USB, and Operating System

The Cainus

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
TL;DR My system isn't detecting USB drives, so I can't install my LAN adapter driver so that I can access the internet to install a new USB driver. Also my GPU isn't being detected. PLEASE HELP

Specs:
i7 6700k
32GB RAM
Asus Maximus IX Hero
GTX 1070
850W PSU (I know it's overkill)

So here's the deal. I recently put a full custom loop into my case. A mishap with a piece of tape causing one of the fittings to come loose enough to make the tube pop out of the fitting and send coolant outwards, away from the motherboard. I fixed all that nonsense and booted up afterwards with no problems. The next day, I decided to go into my Bios settings and do some overclocking. After that, when I attempted to boot up windows, I got an error stating that there was an inaccessible boot drive. After reinstalling windows TWICE, I got to the point where I had internet access and I wanted to play some games. I open up Overwatch and discover that my GPU is not being utilized. I go into the bios again and see if the mobo can still read the type of gpu I have installed, which it can. at this point I reinstall windows, and still can't detect the GPU, and I've lost internet access to boot. When I attempt to install the driver for the LAN port so I can download the rest of the drivers, I get an error stating that my system doesn't have an ethernet adapter. I go back into the bios AGAIN and see if my ethernet port is active (which it is) and attempt to change the priority from the iGPU to the one I have installed, but there isn't an option for a PCIe card. I asked around and I got the suggestion to install Windows 7, since they had a similar problem to this and it ended once they installed Windows 7. So I do that, and now the OS and the bios aren't detecting any usb drives, so I can't install any drivers to see if it worked. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

The Cainus

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from The Cainus : "Problems With GPU, USB, and Operating System"

TL;DR My system isn't detecting USB drives, so I can't install my LAN adapter driver so that I can access the internet to install a new USB driver. Also my GPU isn't being detected. PLEASE HELP

Specs:
i7 6700k
32GB RAM
Asus Maximus IX Hero
GTX 1070
850W PSU (I know it's overkill)

So here's the deal. I recently put a full custom loop into my case. A mishap with a piece of tape causing one of the fittings to come loose enough to make the tube pop out of the fitting and send coolant outwards, away from the motherboard. I fixed all that nonsense and booted up afterwards with no problems. The next day, I decided to go into my Bios settings and do some overclocking. After that, when I attempted to boot up windows, I got an error stating that there was an inaccessible boot drive. After reinstalling windows TWICE, I got to the point where I had internet access and I wanted to play some games. I open up Overwatch and discover that my GPU is not being utilized. I go into the bios again and see if the mobo can still read the type of gpu I have installed, which it can. at this point I reinstall windows, and still can't detect the GPU, and I've lost internet access to boot. When I attempt to install the driver for the LAN port so I can download the rest of the drivers, I get an error stating that my system doesn't have an ethernet adapter. I go back into the bios AGAIN and see if my ethernet port is active (which it is) and attempt to change the priority from the iGPU to the one I have installed, but there isn't an option for a PCIe card. I asked around and I got the suggestion to install Windows 7, since they had a similar problem to this and it ended once they installed Windows 7. So I do that, and now the OS and the bios aren't detecting any usb drives, so I can't install any drivers to see if it worked. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?