Problems with hd 5870

old pc gamer

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
Hey guys . I've got a problem . Me and my friend decided to have a pc build contest with parts that are somewhere around 2010 -2011 and we can use only one part that is ours . I choosed the gpu because it was good ( hd 5870 . I upgraded to gtx 1060 6gb ) now after the pc was done we started a few things like web browsing , benchmarks ( unigine heaven for 1 hour ) and a few games . My pc didn't had a issue but when it came to pc gaming , we started with far cry 3 , skyrim , world of warships , war thunder and verdun . Now the problems starts . My gpu fan goes to 100% and monitor looses signal . I was a bit worried because it was taken of from my main pc just a week ago . I placed back in my main pc and it does the same . Tried reseating , older drivers ( both crimson and catalyst ) and the same occurs . Temps are really ok ( 38-40 idle and 63 at max until it crashed , but in benchmark went to 86 and was good ) And the card isn't overclocked
Thank you for help and sorry if i did any mistakes

PC Specs :
CPU: core 2 quad
GPU: radeon hd 5870
HDD: wd black 320 gb
RAM: 8 gb ddr 2 800 mhz
MOBO: Foxconn q45m
PSU: intex 600 w

Solution
I'm looking at the culprit right now! It's your PSU. Try and build your system with a more reliable unit and then see if the GPU is back to functionality. I'm already suspecting that it might've been damaged.

Lutfij

Titan
I'm looking at the culprit right now! It's your PSU. Try and build your system with a more reliable unit and then see if the GPU is back to functionality. I'm already suspecting that it might've been damaged.

Solution

old pc gamer

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
Well i tried a sketchy thing and now it works like a charm . Idk why in my main sistem with psu corsair cx 750 dosen't work but in the sketchy build i added a separate psu for gpu and it does the damn trick . Been playing skyrim for 10 mins with enb mod and nothing hapened . Ty for your answer
. You helped me a lot today :D

TRENDING THREADS