Question Problems with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 22, 2019
Hello, Community.

I'm having trouble with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 on my laptop (the specifications are at this link) here
Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1909.

The problem occurred after one of the last updates of Windows 10.
I was no longer receiving the Wi fi signal. So I connected to the router with the cable to do a reset and restore the wireless communication again but this did not happen. I could only navigate connected with the cable.

I checked the device/network adapter manager and the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 showed an error (see screenshot) here

I looked for the driver on intel's website but they don't have it anymore (see screenshot). here
And the ones I found including Toshiba's repository didn't work.

If we go to Properties/General we find: This device cannot start. (Code 10)
View screenshot here

Then we go into Properties/Events we find: (See screenshot) here

I tried to use the Update Restore Point but it froze and I had to reinstall windows to avoid losing the data. Also by pressing the front switch of the wireless system.

I tried disabling the driver, removing the driver, using failsafe mode, cold start, using iobit driver booster, antivirus, anti malware, and nothing worked.

So at this point, it's time to ask for help from more knowledgeable people in order to find a solution.

Is it possible that you can help me with this?

I thank you in advance and wish you an excellent day.

Merry Christmas! ho ho ho...

This is why you need to set the option to not allow windows to update any device drivers. But even then they have been messing up lately and forcing updates on people machines that break stuff. I suspect that is why you now actually have the option to delay or prevent these updates, I bet it was their lawyers over riding the forced update.

I would check the latptop manufactures site and see if they still have drivers.

You need to find the driver. It is really bad when the manufacture stops posting them. I can see not supporting them but to not even having the old one available with a warning is crazy. You now do the high risk thing of searching third party sites and not find all the scam sites. There are legit driver archive sites but I don't know of any to tell you.

All else fails that is a pretty old card and a newer one is not that expensive. A USB one would be trivial but internal ones likely work better. All depends how hard it is to swap some machines you have to do major disassembly others have a single panel on the back to take off. Generally if the card will physically fit it will work. Although I don't think toshiba did it some manufactures use to bios restrict which cards work. HP is the worst offender but they stopped doing that years ago also.

Reactions: Jota1
Dec 22, 2019
This is why you need to set the option to not allow windows to update any device drivers. But even then they have been messing up lately and forcing updates on people machines that break stuff. I suspect that is why you now actually have the option to delay or prevent these updates, I bet it was their lawyers over riding the forced update.

I would check the latptop manufactures site and see if they still have drivers.

You need to find the driver. It is really bad when the manufacture stops posting them. I can see not supporting them but to not even having the old one available with a warning is crazy. You now do the high risk thing of searching third party sites and not find all the scam sites. There are legit driver archive sites but I don't know of any to tell you.

All else fails that is a pretty old card and a newer one is not that expensive. A USB one would be trivial but internal ones likely work better. All depends how hard it is to swap some machines you have to do major disassembly others have a single panel on the back to take off. Generally if the card will physically fit it will work. Although I don't think toshiba did it some manufactures use to bios restrict which cards work. HP is the worst offender but they stopped doing that years ago also.
Hello bill001g.

I have already enabled the option to not allow Windows to update device drivers, but too late. I haven't found a working driver yet, so I'm still looking.

Unmounting to replace the card is quite complicated and that's why it would be the last option.

Thanks for your suggestions and have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.