[SOLVED] Problems with Intel HD 4600 on laptop ?

Mali_Mrav

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2016
Is it possible that Intel HD 4600 graphics (Windows 7 64-bit) on the laptop cannot process video 1080p or something like that on MPC, KM, GOM, POT players, i.e. it freezes for 1-2 seconds every now and then?

Admittedly, I managed to set some codec on the POT, but the picture is bad, that is. pixels are visible :(

Tried different drivers for integrated, but everything is the same, ie. same problem

Only VLC works normally, but its settings for subtitles are not the best.

Laptop CPU i5-4200M

Lutfij

Titan
I think you prematurely selected my post as the Best Answer. If so, I'll be happy to remove it from my post. As for your laptop, what version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you on at this moment of time? Where did you source the installer for the OS? BIOS version for your laptop at this moment of time?

Lastly, 4GB in 2023 is bad...very bad. You should look into a ram upgrade(2x8GB DDR3L-1600MHz, if reinstalling the OS on your SSD doesn't help. As for the SSD, what is the make and model of the SSD and how much free space is on it?

Mali_Mrav

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2016
I use Windows 7 64-bit for now

Maybe it's the GPU driver, maybe it's Windows, I'll try to install Windows 10 in the next few days and see if the problem will appear.

There were no such problems with an even older laptop that had a special 512mb graphics card (not intergrated), and it also had an older and weaker CPU.

CPU and GPU loads are around 10-15%,, the temperature is about 40 degrees, everything is normal.

Maybe is some codec problem, gona see in next few days

Thank you for trying to help :)