Question Problems with Jingsha X79 Dual CPU Motherboard

Sep 21, 2019
Hi,

I had bought a Jingsha X79 Dual CPU Motherboard Intel Xeon LGA 2011 E5 V2 WS Workstation Motherboard. I successfully assemble everything. After assemble everything is fine except there is no power to USB ports or any other port from motherboard and I had tried several GPU's but none of them gives me output. Can you please let me know do i have to follow something special to turn it on ?

The manual is Chinese and won't help so much.

Mobo

CPU : Dual - Intel Xeon E5-2640 v2 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor
RAM : 64 GB Kingstone 1600 DDR3
GPU : AMD FirePro W9000 6 GB Video Card
PSU :EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1300 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

I had tried everything such as replacing CMOS batteries, CMOS resetting, Ram re-arrangements, with 4 RAM slots, nothing works and I neither get visual or nor power on USB.

Update 22 Sept., I had tried without RAM and it gave me 3 short beep. But there is still no power in any i/o and no visual from GPU as well. I had tried my working GPU from another computer but still nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019
Hi,

I had bought a Jingsha X79 Dual CPU Motherboard Intel Xeon LGA 2011 E5 V2 WS Workstation Motherboard. I successfully assemble everything. After assemble everything is fine except there is no power to USB ports or any other port from motherboard and I had tried several GPU's but none of them gives me output. Can you please let me know do i have to follow something special to turn it on ?

RAM : 64 GB Kingstone 1600
PSU : EVGA 1300

I had tried everything such as replacing CMOS batteries, CMOS resetting, Ram re-arrangements, with 4 RAM slots, nothing works and I neither get visual or nor power on USB.

I have built with this mb just today and so far what i can tell is if you put 2 sticks of ram in the outer slots of both sets ( ones furthest away from the cpus) it seems to work but i cant seem to get it too post with 8 dimms filled i don't have 2 sets of quad channel ram only 1 and a bunch of dual channels but no matter what it only works if you populate the outset dimms only unless im missing something.

Oct 25, 2019
Hi,

Mobo

RAM : 64 GB Kingstone 1600 DDR3
PSU :EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1300 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Update 22 Sept., I had tried without RAM and it gave me 3 short beep. But there is still no power in any i/o and no visual from GPU as well. I had tried my working GPU from another computer but still nothing.

If you haven't fixed it yourself already 😏

It seems in dual cpu configuration only DDR3 ECC REG memory will work. I've tried Kingston KHX16C9D3/8GX x4 (in the orange slots) an the board did not even post.

With ECC REG memory however it did boot fine 1s try.

By the way, regular DDR3 worked with only one cpu installed. Try disconnecting your CPU 1 power and try only with the CPU 0.

Running 2x E5-2689.

Oct 23, 2019
If you haven't fixed it yourself already 😏

It seems in dual cpu configuration only DDR3 ECC REG memory will work. I've tried Kingston KHX16C9D3/8GX x4 (in the orange slots) an the board did not even post.

With ECC REG memory however it did boot fine 1s try.

By the way, regular DDR3 worked with only one cpu installed. Try disconnecting your CPU 1 power and try only with the CPU 0.

Running 2x E5-2689.
Hello,

thank you for your input, in regards to the regular DDR3 i can get this to work with 1 and 2 cpus installed but only works on the outs dimm slots. I have tried with normal ecc ram and still not working, As for you saying that all 8 dimms only work with ecc reg memory i have yet to have a set of 8 reg to try this out.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS