Question Problems with keyboard and mouse

Feb 5, 2020
Hi,
I have been encountering a problem with my mouse and keyboard since few months and I cannot find a solution for the problem.
My keyboard is typing multiple letters when pressing keys or not typing anything at all, all at random. For the mouse, I do also have a double click problem and the wheel is not reacting like used.
What I have done:
-Switched between different mice and keyboards several times (did not change anything)
-Used different USB slots
-Set up PC again
-Build in a new motherboard

Would be really nice if someone could help me, because I don't have any ideas left of what it could be.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Build in a new motherboard
You will need to reinstall your OS if the make and model of the motherboard is different than the older one.

We're going to need more information. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Have you tried reinstalling your chipset and USB drivers for your platform? Can you check and see which version of BIOS you're currently working with? To note, have you tried using the culprit keyboard and mouse on a donor system to rule out faulty peripherals(out-of-the-box)?

Feb 5, 2020
CPU: i5-9600k

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strixz390F

Ram: HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3K2/16 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 Speicher kit (3200MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM)

SSD/HDD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB M.2 Interne NVMe SSD bis zu 3.500 MB/s | MZ-V7S500BW

GPU:Asus ROG-Strix-RTX2060-O6G-Gaming Grafikkarte (Nvidia, PCIe 3.0, 6GB DDR6 Speicher, HDMI, DisplayPort, Overclocked)

PSU: Aerocool P7750

Chassis: NZXT CA-H500W-B1 H500i Mid Tower

BIOS version: American Megatrends Inc. 0905, 4/10/2019

I tried a keyboard from my brother that worked on his PC and on mine it does not work properly.
Can you tell me which driver that is "USB drivers for your platform "?

to add: I built the PC early 2019 and everything worked fine until some point in the summer where this problem occurred and I was not able to solve it since then.

Ty in advance

cityhunter357

Prominent
Nov 13, 2020
Hi,
I have been encountering a problem with my mouse and keyboard since few months and I cannot find a solution for the problem.
My keyboard is typing multiple letters when pressing keys or not typing anything at all, all at random. For the mouse, I do also have a double click problem and the wheel is not reacting like used.
What I have done:
-Switched between different mice and keyboards several times (did not change anything)
-Used different USB slots
-Set up PC again
-Build in a new motherboard

Would be really nice if someone could help me, because I don't have any ideas left of what it could be.

ive have that similar problem, whit 8 keyboards same brand and model. it wasnt the configuration of repeated typing stuff. i notice this since is double typing or even triple typing the keys even on the bios menu. the numlock key wen i hold it in the light blinks on and off repeatly. i toke the keyboard to a laptop and was working fine.
you know what caused this bad behave?? THE CRT MONITOR. i change the crt monitor for another and the keyboard workd fine. i put it back and start working bad again. ive seen this before whit seweing machine on screwing all the usb peripherals. so maybe you have someting doing electric interference.
why ive changed the monitor?? cause i saw an article of an old crt tv that have shut down the wifi connection of a small town. i hope this helps you.
PD: since this seems to screw usb peripherals, try a ps2 keyboard and mouse.(just to discard the issue)