[SOLVED] Problems with laptop and the service center

Apr 10, 2018
Laptop specs:
Asus rog
Nvidia gtx960m 4gb
8gb ram (GDDR5)
I7 6700hq 2.6 GHz

I realize I don't have the best laptop but it held up well for 3 years. Since last year however the performance has significantly dropped. Even games like csgo have trouble maintaining at least
20fps. The problem turned out to be an overheating issue with my laptop the CPU was reaching 99 degrees and the GPU was reaching 85-90 degrees along with a lot of grinding noise from the fan. So I took it to the Asus service center and had them replace the fan and the temperatures was still high if not even worse this time the CPU was constantly at 100 degrees and the GPU at 90 accompanied by a lot of freezing and crashing. I used the msi afterburner to record the temperature values and the fps drops and took it to the service center again, they said they examined it and that it was perfectly fine. I showed them what I recorded and they said that I shouldn't trust a 3rd party software and told me they could only trust the task manager which was showing perfectly normal percentages. I'm not so tech savvy but how does task manager relate to the temperature? Also I used another software (openhardwaremonitor) and sure enough even that showed high temperatures but they keep insisting me that I should only check the task manager and even refuse to look at the frame drops and keep saying that they're working fine.
Am I mistaken? Or is there really a problem with my laptop?

Solution
Do you have a guarantee on your laptop? If not you can fix that yourself. Just get the thermal pastes and look on YouTube how to replace the thermal paste on laptop. I did it a few times on my old laptop. Temperature at 80 degrees dropped to 30-40 deg. :)
Feb 17, 2019
Do you have a guarantee on your laptop? If not you can fix that yourself. Just get the thermal pastes and look on YouTube how to replace the thermal paste on laptop. I did it a few times on my old laptop. Temperature at 80 degrees dropped to 30-40 deg. :)

Reactions: crazilylazymeow
Solution
Apr 10, 2018
I actually do have the guarantee, I was just a little thrown off when they said they didn't find anything wrong with the laptop. Well I guess the problem is the thermal paste, I'll get that replaced thank you!