Problems with lexmark CS410 laser printer

josswallace

Commendable
Nov 7, 2018
I have a lexmark CS410dn printer attaced directly to the router with an ethernet cable. This printer has been working OK for over a year and now I have the front panel on the printer showing status/supplies and settings and what ever I do I cant seem to get rid of this message and the printer is not connected. Can't ping it.

I am lost.....................any help would be appreciated.

techiebee18

Great
Aug 20, 2018
1) The printer suddenly stops printing. It does not perform the print job correctly. Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor and run it.
2) Click Start and then choose your computer system after HP Print and Scan Doctor opens.
3) Switch on the printer updates if you view a screen prompting to do so. You can continue by clicking Yes.
4) Set your printer as the default printer.

Nice try but no cigar. The OP has a Lexmark printer --- HP Print & Scan Doctor is compatible only with HP printers.

which router are you using ?
it is possible your printer needs to be reconfigured (seen it with SCX3400 Laser printer from Samsung), I would connect it to your computer, load drivers and see if you can use/print from it directly.
if yes, then I would make sure your printer share function on your router configuration has not changed.
if not then it is not a router issue.