Problems with logitech webcam

missmopar

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010
My Logitech Webcam 9000 works fine with Skype and other instant messengers, but when I open the webcam software, it says that the webcam is not detected and to plug it in and click Reconnect. The usb ports are fine and the computer detects the input connection (Skype detects it). I installed everything on my 2nd pc and the cam works fine with the software and programs from the install cd. I received the BSOD woth a rundll error and think that has something to do with it, but I'm not that great with computers. Any advice would be great.

missmopar

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010

I've uninstalled then reinstalled the program more times than I can count only to get the same result. Since it works fine on my other pc I assume there's a problem with my pc and not so much the program. It still isn't working though :(

Friendly Freddy

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
Try reinstalling it by downloading DIRECTLY from the Logitech website for the 9000. It is quite possible that there is a key driver missing on the initial disc that was later added to the website download. Also do the two computers have the same OS, or is one XP and the other Windows 7? Could make a difference. I have heard that the 9000 doesn't play nicely with the 64 bit version of Windows.