Problems with M-Audio Audiophile 2496

tactics40

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2005
I got my first sound card today (an M-Audio Audiophile 2496) and trying to get it to work is giving me a serious headache.

My problem is that I seem to be getting Mono sound going to my Left speaker.

I'm running WinXP. I installed both the drivers on the CD and the updated drivers from the M-Audio web site. Since I don't have an RCA speaker, I'm using an RCA-to-1/4'' Y-cable at the suggestion of a friend. No matter which side of the 'Y' I plug into the Left Out it seems to always go to the Left speaker.

If someone can help me solve this problem, I would GREATLY appreciate it. It's unbelievably frustrating to drop a hundred dollars on something new only to find out you can't get it to work.

EDIT: I think I may have found the culprit ---> Mono Y-Cable...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by tactics40 on 08/13/05 10:22 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

I think I may have found the culprit ---> Mono Y-Cable...

Yes that would definitely have something to do with it, I have an M-Audio Delta 1010LT for my Mobile DJ Rig and I couldn't be more pleased with its performance, when you get everything set like you need it, you're going to love the Soundcard you've invested in!

<A HREF="http://btvillarin.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?pid=20385#p20385" target="_new"> My Puter </A>