[SOLVED] Problems with monitor Philips 272b8qjeb

Nov 7, 2019
Hi all,
recently (some day ago) I purchased on Amazon a monitor Philips 272b8qjeb (to use as 2nd monitor). It has an IPS panel, but I noticed a weird behavior when I watch it from above, from bellow e from sides: it seems the screen changes colors (for example black becomes grey/green). So I would like to know if, in your opinion, this monitor has some issue (in this case I will send back it to Amazon) or if this monitor model by Philips isn't so great as quality. I've already another IPS monitor, a LG 43UD79 and I can make sure you it hasn't this kind of problems, neither watching it from extreme angles. In addition this LG has a deeper black than the Philips one: I tried for hours to play on the OSD of the Philips monitor (like decreasing the brightness, increasing the contrast or changing the black deep and the gamma, but nothing).

HHofeFj.jpg

8DNXvTp.jpg

hbBj2mx.jpg

n99tZ1M.jpg

79OR5fd.mp4

Solution
My recommendation is just send it back, working in a retail store IT environment I can tell you for a fact yes all IPS panels are different. Some do require some calibration others are just out the box ready to go. I would highly recommend using a HP or Samsung monitor, I walk pass these things every day side by side, they are on 24/7 and the HP and Samsungs still look great.
Nov 7, 2019
My recommendation is just send it back, working in a retail store IT environment I can tell you for a fact yes all IPS panels are different. Some do require some calibration others are just out the box ready to go. I would highly recommend using a HP or Samsung monitor, I walk pass these things every day side by side, they are on 24/7 and the HP and Samsungs still look great.

Solution