problems with MultiSync LCD 2010X

crazydude

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2001
Hello. I am having a bit of a problem with my NEC MultiSync LCD 2010x monitor. I cannot get it to display anything using the included DVI-to-DVI cable! The video card I m trying to connect it to is a 64MB Geforce 3 board that has both 15pin D-SUB and DVI output. Using the DVI to DVI cable, it will display the BIOS loading screen, and then the Windows ME loading screen, but it goes blank when it is time to show the Windows desktop.
It will, however, work if I use a DVI-to-Dsub cable. With the DVI connector in the monitor and the DSUB connector on the video card, there is a noticable and quite bothersome ghosting effect on the screen. If I reverse the cable (DSUB in monitor, DVI in computer). That reduces the ghosting effect, but the monitor performs poorly: noticably lagging fills, some trails, not too sharp.
Any ideas? I would like to get it set up using the DVI-to-DVI cable, and hopefully that should get the monitor working right with no ghosting or anything. Any ideas whats going wrong and how I might fix it?

SDLeMire

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2002
Make sure the Windows desktop has a refresh rate of 60hz since that's the only refresh that straight DVI will work in.

TRENDING THREADS