Problems with my CPU

Jul 29, 2018
Long story short: When i play a game, whether that be Battlefield 4 or something from the year 2010 (I used Battlefield Bad Company 2 as reference) i have the same issue; my FPS is stable for the first minute, but then it suddenly it drops to 20-30 FPS (From the previous 70 to 90 FPS) for about 10 seconds, and this just keeps happening, all the time! Now i've found out that when this happens my CPU goes from 90% usage to around 30% automatically (i've tried to disable AMD Cool n' Quiet but it made no difference)
I've recorded a clip of what exactly i mean on Youtube, here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3TaN96YHjU
Now, i don't know if this is due to overheating (even though i don't think the CPU's reaction should be this dramatic) or something else.
The CPU in question is a AMD FX-6300
Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Solution
Anything over 60° is not good for a FX6300 chip. Sounds like you're overclocking it and that's causing a rise in temps. Go to your BIOS, put it back to default settings. Go back to windows and re-check your idle and gaming temps again, see if that helps.
Thermal throttlng can indeed be dramatic. Since you are already monitoring CPU usage, maybe monitor CPU temps and clockspeed at the same time.

What you're looking for is to see if you can duplicate this action every time the CPU temp/usage reaches a certain point. You also want to see if clockspeeds are operating where they are supposed to be for your CPU(3.5ghz) or are they being reduced once temps go up?

edit: So I just watched the video, you can see the CPU speed drop to 1406mhz from around 3516mhz at about 15 seconds into the video. I think that's your problem.

Jul 29, 2018

I've run a few tests to see if this was the actual issue of if there was something else to it
here are the results: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_fYgPYv9XnZxYAvBVwGTGYwVzRNBRKu5/view?usp=sharing

Anything over 60° is not good for a FX6300 chip. Sounds like you're overclocking it and that's causing a rise in temps. Go to your BIOS, put it back to default settings. Go back to windows and re-check your idle and gaming temps again, see if that helps.

Solution