Problems with my first PC (MAYBE GPU)

Dec 24, 2018
So, I recently built my very first gaming pc.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz
Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3000mhz CL15
Gigabyte B450 Aorus PRO
Asus GTX 1060 6gb Dual OC
250gb Crucial 2,5" SSD
Evga 550W Supernova G2
(Running Windows 10 Pro)

Unfortunately I run across some problems. My PC works just fine whenever I do light stuff (browsing internet, YouTube, browser games, Spotify...) Although not on fast speed and sometimes YouTube videos flash green.

I downloaded some games via steam and tried to launch them. When I launched CS:GO it went normally to the main menu and then all suddenly after about 5-10 seconds it freezed. Sound was still on. Mouse moved but the image didn't response.

Sometimes I'am able to get out of the game by pressing ALT+TAB, but not always. After waiting a while it gives me an "Engine error" saying "Failed to lock index buffer in CMeshDX8::LockIndexBuffer"

It freezed just the same way when I tried to play Overwatch and Batman Arkham Knight just some other error text I think.

Then my friend told me to try some benchmarking programs to check if my system is ok, so I downloaded CINEBENCH.

When testing GPU the video went black and then the cinebench window freezed too:

"OpenGL Reference Matching test Failure! Errors in rendering are displayed as red pixels, the difference with the reference image is too great. The result is invalid for testing with."

I also tried to download Valley but:

System error

"The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the Program may fix this problem" I reinstalled but didn't help.

In addition, sometimes when I do light stuff it gives me windows error (blue screen) and tells me MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. I tried to fix these by using methods i found on different forums but didnt solve the problem. Although these happen very rarely and I'm more concerned about getting my pc to work for gaming.

When I reinstalled the whole gpu it let me benchmark the gpu on cinebench for a single time and I got 125fps, it is much higher than other people have got with their gpus. Im confused. I have no other GPU to test if it depends on it or if it is just some major software problem.

So far I've tried to:

Re-install gpu drivers
Update MOBO BIOS
Un install gpu physically and put it back to place and tried a different slot.
harddisk check from cmd for corrupted files
Reset my computer and download everything again (not whole windows 10)
Verify steam game files
Tried with ram's X.M.P. on/off (problem exists both ways)
Probably some other things.

I'm not sure but I'm guessing it is about my GPU so do yoy have any suggestions?
I'm a beginner with computers so I would really appreciate if someone is willing to help me with this.

(English isnt my first language)

What is the motherboard? Were you successful in updating the motherboard BIOS? Did you update the motherboard chipset drivers?

When you updated the graphics drivers did you update and install them from http://www.geforce.com/drivers ?

And lastly have you enabled XMP and set the memory profile for your RAM?

Some of these things you have listed as tried. Are the completed successfully?

Dec 24, 2018
thanks,

What is the motherboard? Were you successful in updating the motherboard BIOS? Did you update the motherboard chipset drivers?
The motherboard is Gigabyte's B450 Aorus Pro (https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-rev-10#support-dl-driver). I was succesful to update to the latest F3f BIOS although I'm not sure if I was succesful to update to the latest chipset what it says that should be updated beforu updating to the F3f bios version. Im such a beginner so I just downloaded the chipset driver file and saved it on my desktop should I apply that file somehow?

When you updated the graphics drivers did you update and install them from http://www.geforce.com/drivers ?
I tried to update gpu drivers from there as well as from Geforce Experience app too.

And lastly have you enabled XMP and set the memory profile for your RAM?
I have enabled XMP on BIOS and it says Profile 1. Ram is running at 3000mhz according to BIOS. And 16gb is showing both on BIOS and on Windows.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS