Problems with my Laptop

Isaac Zephyr

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
Hey, I've owned this computer for a while and I've got a laundry list of problems. I'm not sure, some people tell me it's the processor, others tell me it's the computer overall... The specs are as follows:

It's a Gateway NV51B02h laptop with an
AMD Dual-Core Processor E-350,
AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics card,
6 GB RAM
640 GB Hard Drive (sustained physical damage and was replaced with a 500 GB Hard Drive)
Windows 7 64-bit OS

The main problems I'm having, since I do use this computer for gaming and mostly Minecraft for Youtube:

1) Despite the 64-bit OS I'm unable to install any programs (Java etc.) higher than 32-bit.
2) Despite 6 GB of RAM, I can play games at 40 FPS on a good day, with nothing else running. If I so much as turn on anything else, I get an immediate drop to 5-10 FPS, generally on the low side.
3) Any time I move a file onto a USB device, no matter the USB device, the files become corrupted. And it doesn't matter the file type, whether it originated on my computer, it simply corrupts files.

I've had tech supports look at it repeatedly over any of these problems. I keep my comp clean of viruses, defragmented and organized, there aren't excess installs... I take very good care of the machine other than one bit where I got a scratch on the hard drive, however all of these problems have been going on since the day I bought the machine almost 14 months ago. Help please? No one seems to be able to figure out what's wrong to cause all these problems.

Isaac Zephyr

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
1) The closest thing to an error is that whenever I try to install them it tells me I require a 64-bit OS. It's as if everything seems to believe I'm not running a 64-bit OS.
2) As I have been told. Not sure how I can fix that problem short of a new comp.
3) I've tried to check for that but again, people have looked at it and there appear to be no problems. And it's one way, I can get files off them from other computers but I can't put them on.

I did attempt to return it, however the future shop I brought it to claimed I had voided it, so I was stuck. They were willing to look at it (for a fee, apparently I got no warranty) and they told me nothing was wrong. I took it back again when I was having the hard drive problem and the only offer they gave me was to replace the hard drive for more than I spent to buy it in the first place, so I bought a new hard drive and had a friend help me install it. We even managed to recover a good chunk of the data from the damaged one.

Isaac Zephyr

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013

Sorry, still adjusting to this forum's layout and accidentaly placed a whole new reply instead of a reply to your questions.