Maj14

Prominent
Mar 4, 2019
So today my mouse started disconnecting itself but the lights are still on (sometimes),it says USB windows driver malfuction or sth but when I plug it into an another PC it works and then I plug it back to mine and it works again for a while..I tried every port everything is still the same I did some YT tutorials like disabling power saving on my mouse and a few other things...I don't know what to do can someone please help me I would really appreciate it!!

Mouse :
ZOWIE EC2-B Divina

Solution
Seems like there's a loose wire in the mouse cable somewhere, that replugging/ handling it sort of solves the connection for a bit then loses it. But it working on another PC might've just been luck too, coincidentally loose wire reconnecting itself. I doubt it's your computer. Have you tried another mouse?

How long did you test it on another PC? You'd have to do the same things with it to see if your usual moving of the mouse and pull on the wire attached could eventually break connection again.

Next time mouse plays up on your PC, unplug it and gently wiggle the cable, both at plug and mouse ends.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Seems like there's a loose wire in the mouse cable somewhere, that replugging/ handling it sort of solves the connection for a bit then loses it. But it working on another PC might've just been luck too, coincidentally loose wire reconnecting itself. I doubt it's your computer. Have you tried another mouse?

How long did you test it on another PC? You'd have to do the same things with it to see if your usual moving of the mouse and pull on the wire attached could eventually break connection again.

Next time mouse plays up on your PC, unplug it and gently wiggle the cable, both at plug and mouse ends.

Solution