Question Problems with new build

Nov 24, 2019
mobo- ASUS, M4A79T deluxe, revision 1.02G s/n (?) 9BMOAC498738
cpu- AMD Phenom 2, HDZ965, FBK4DGM, CADC, AC1209PGT, Socket AM3
psu- Fatality OCZ550FTY
video card- GIGABYTE Super overclock HD 5770
Memory- DDR3 4gb

I installed a motherboard into my computer. I used the anti static wristband and an anti static pad while doing the work. I rechecked all of my connections. I installed the power cord and turned on the main power supply switch and then pushed the motherboard power button.

The Computer booted into windows 10. I selected administrator and opened the administrator desktop. I could see it seemed to be working fine. I decided to restart and go into bios and check the settings. I pushed the power button, and the computer shut down, and in about 3 seconds in began to restart. It booted into windows 10, I went to the power button on the screen clicked it with my mouse, the computer shut down and in about 3 seconds it started up again. I repeated the attempt to shut it down, and it would restart on it's own. I pushed the main Power Supply switch to turn off the computer.

I checked power Supply input voltage and output voltages, and found them to be correct. I checked all connections to the motherboard to be sure they were correct. I pushed the main Power Supply switch. I pushed the motherboard power button. All the fans started running and all the interior lights came on, but the monitor screen remained black. I pushed the motherboard power button in an attempt to turn it off. It remained on. I pushed the reset button on the motherboard. It had no affect. I pushed the main Power Supply switch to turn off the computer. I removed the power cord, and pushed the motherboard power button to "on" to discharge any latent electricity in the motherboard.

To reset cmos, I removed the onboard battery from the motherboard. I removed the RTC jumper, moved it over to the right hand pins, left it there for 10 seconds, and replaced it in the default position. I reinstalled the onboard battery, clicked the main Power Supply switch on and then off. I plugged in the power cord, removed it, and then plugged it back in. I turned the Power Supply main switch on, the motherboard power button and motherboard reset switch lit up. I pushed the motherboard power button. Fans and interior lights came on. The monitor did not turn on.

Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!

Last edited: