yonatankes

Honorable
Jun 3, 2016
Hello everybody, i recently bought a brand new asus gaming laptop a TUF fx505gm and it works very well and all but after some time i noticed some programs like HD sentinel are telling me the hard drive is in horrible health and could die within weeks but this makes no sense to me because this computer is brand new? can someone help me with this maybe there is something i can do to fix it or something, im not very good with these technical things so yea.

yonatankes

Honorable
Jun 3, 2016
HDD's are mechanical and they can fail for many reasons(may not be anything you can fix). Since it is new, can you have the HDD replaced under warranty.
I think i will make backups of my more important files and keep using it for now and if any problems do show up then i will try the warranty, because i dont have time to replace it soon as i have a vacation coming up and im taking my laptop with me

yonatankes

Honorable
Jun 3, 2016
It maybe running a smart status rpeort and misinterpretting the results. Figure out the make and model of drive and grab the appropriate support tools from that mfg like intel seagate or wd.
i have no idea about the make or model when i google it all i get is my laptop's model and reviews of my laptop but i cant find anything about the hard drive alone, all i got as its model or whatever is "_HFM128GDJTNG-8310a"

i have no idea about the make or model when i google it all i get is my laptop's model and reviews of my laptop but i cant find anything about the hard drive alone, all i got as its model or whatever is "_HFM128GDJTNG-8310a"
And a quick google leads to...

http://ssd.skhynix.com/ssd/en/support/download.jsp

This program includes analysis tools and SSD information, such as the model, capacity, firmware,
product life expectancy, smart properties, etc.