[SOLVED] Problems with new pc

May 17, 2021
Hi, I have been having problems with my new pc, these are my specs

CaseNZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (WHITE)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-11700K (3.6GHz) 16MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® PRIME Z590-P (LGA1200, USB 3.2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card12GB AMD RADEON™ RX 6700 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingPCS FrostFlow 240 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Extra Case Fans2x 120mm Thermaltake TOUGHFAN 12 Case Fans
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]

I have been having problems that when I am playing games the gpu usage is going up and down a lot and that is causing the clock speed the dip, whenever that happens I get a slight stutter in the game.

I tested using the maximum graphic settings on a game and that seemed to help it a lot as the usage wasn't all over the place.

Any idea what this is? I have tried resetting radeon software to default, tried making my minimum clock speed higher, I uninstalled the drivers and installed the recommended driver instead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Noticed, is to remove games from the AMD control panel,(might be something the DEV's hadn't quite got right just yet) but this leaves one with a far more stable and playable game play. (ALT+R) while in game and remove said games from list, and just use global setting! Unless of course if you want to have multiple settings and stats for a said game witch might be entirely over complicated, and resulting in random FPS performance with strange and inconsistent hardware utilization.
May 17, 2021
try disabling freesync. also make sure stuff like vsync and cap max fps and whatnot is disabled in the game too
I disabled freesync and also disabled it on my monitor, cold war seems to work perfectly fine now, state of decay 2 still stutters but I think that is because the fps is going up and down rapidly

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Noticed, is to remove games from the AMD control panel,(might be something the DEV's hadn't quite got right just yet) but this leaves one with a far more stable and playable game play. (ALT+R) while in game and remove said games from list, and just use global setting! Unless of course if you want to have multiple settings and stats for a said game witch might be entirely over complicated, and resulting in random FPS performance with strange and inconsistent hardware utilization.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS