[SOLVED] Problems with Old Computers

Sep 12, 2019
I have some olds pc taken from an old industry (because the bought new ones and they gave me gratis) but they dont works .
they are all old components. the motherboard is an old model the Power supply entry have only 20 pins intead of 24 like the next series of mobo
i tried differents ram, differents psu and different processors.
The psu starts and the mobo leds starts (like the lan exit led) the motherboard hasnt got a led and when he got energy it doesnt make an hd check like other pcs i worked on
when i press the on button the psu vent start , the leds light on but no vents srtar up, no boot and no video output.
the processor is an old model , a pentium 4 3.00 GHz .
i tried both a 500W psu and 180~264W psu.
I also tried to start up the pc without vitals components like cpu and no bios signals heard, also the bios is broken,

News. apparently removing the small battery in the mobo (i dont know how is it called in english) when you put in the ps cable the hardware check start but it doeas the same thing as before , no cpu fan and no bios.

Edit: removed Grammatical Errors
An Awesome Photo of my mobo : View: https://imgur.com/a/PXUWwHB

Last edited:
Solution
I guess the real question is what you plan to do with them? They gave them to you for free for a reason, nearly valueless.

You mentioned swapping parts around, but didn't really list them, so we have no way of knowing if those swaps were even possible.

I think you might want to find a forum in your native language for assistance. Communication would certainly be a problem. Most of the terms you are using are not correct. So I think it would be very easy for you to interpret something incorrectly or get bad advice if you used the wrong terms.

"alimentation" Boot process?
"old lever" old type, version?
"lan exit led" I get what you are saying, but no idea where exit comes into it
"vents" = fans

A computer won't typically do anything...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I guess the real question is what you plan to do with them? They gave them to you for free for a reason, nearly valueless.

You mentioned swapping parts around, but didn't really list them, so we have no way of knowing if those swaps were even possible.

I think you might want to find a forum in your native language for assistance. Communication would certainly be a problem. Most of the terms you are using are not correct. So I think it would be very easy for you to interpret something incorrectly or get bad advice if you used the wrong terms.

"alimentation" Boot process?
"old lever" old type, version?
"lan exit led" I get what you are saying, but no idea where exit comes into it
"vents" = fans

A computer won't typically do anything without a CPU. Minimum operating parts are power supply, CPU, some RAM, and the motherboard. With a speaker or buzzer you can then hear the beep code. Though I would guess that board has an onboard graphics chipset, which itself is a real throwback.

Solution
Sep 12, 2019

The computers are supposed to be servers so i dont need high performances but anyway i found some good stuffs , actually my best pc has a i5 quad core processor 64bit, 6 GB ram, Sata cables , and 380GB storage , that's not so good but for Unix Servers are very good.

In this case the things that i swapped were identical, it was supposed to mean that the parts i mentioned weren't physically damaged

I resolved the problem, apparently one of my processors was broken so when i started without the small battery the pc didnt do nothing anyway, when i was finally able to open the bios i noticed that the processor was crap, with the cooling stuff mounted it goes to 95 degrees (celsius) and after approx 2 minutes is do au automatic shutdown for avoiding damages.
anyway about using forum in my native language i prefer not because very small people speak my language and are actually interest in eletronics and in english forums there are way more useful stuffs than in italians ones, sorry for my english but i started using english websiter only by 1-2 years.

Sep 12, 2019
Did you try to boot without CPU cooler? If yes, you just killed the CPU.

Also, a used P4 computer, the PSU is probably way past its expected lifetime by now.
I did't my cpu is alive and totally crap, 95 C in avout 20 seconds and after 2 minutes an auto shutdown to save my mobo to become toast

TRENDING THREADS