Problems with opening 2nd online Browser window wi

DGP_2000

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2001
Ok , I have Win2000/Explorer 6 & up to date with all other Windows updates .

Having a weird problem when opening up a second browser window .

Example : Let's say I have a window open to Anantech's & I want to open another to the Fed-Ex site .
I goto the Explorer icon , double click it & it open another window ............. That's fine .

But when I goto Favorites in that "New" window & click on Fed-Ex , it directs the other Window (the one with Anandtech) & overides it & takes me to the Fed-Ex site in that window instead of the second one I just opened (???)
I can type an address within the new window & goto wherever I want but should'nt have to .

Help ........ (this should just probably be a setting somewhere that I'm missing I suppose ??)

digital_trucker

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2001
Damifino what's going wrong. Just click File->New->Window and use the Favorites, should work fine.

Wabbit season! Duck season! AMD season! INTEL season!
Hmmmph--whatever...

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
This works for me. On toolbar menu go to "tools", then "Internet Options", next choose the "Advanced" tab, then under the "Browsing" uncheck the "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts". This should leave the other open window alone.

<font color=blue>Remember.... You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink: