Question Problems with overclocking CPU and updating BIOS

May 2, 2020
Hello people.I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for your help. I wanted to upgrade my bios on UEFI version. My motherboard is Gygabite GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3. I tried through Q-Flash and failed, then made bootable usb and again nothing. Can anyone help me how to update bios. My processor is I5-3570k and in bios I can't raise multiplier more than 38 (38,100 = 3.8Ghz), I don't know why ... Can anyone help me?

DracoB0T

Reputable
Apr 23, 2020
Dear User,

Hi, when updating your bios on UEFI version, make sure you've selected the correct manufacturer, and the recent update. Make sure it is compatible with your PC. Please make sure you do this correctly, as if not, it can cause your PC to be "bricked." By this, i mean you cannot recover it, AT ALL! You will need to buy a new PC.

Anyway, the reason why you can't increase your multiplier by 38, is because the manufacturer doesn't want you to damage your PC. Please be extremely careful when completing this!!! Thank you, and I hoped this helped.

thekillerx10

Honorable
Apr 12, 2018
Hello people.I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for your help. I wanted to upgrade my bios on UEFI version. My motherboard is Gygabite GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3. I tried through Q-Flash and failed, then made bootable usb and again nothing. Can anyone help me how to update bios. My processor is I5-3570k and in bios I can't raise multiplier more than 38 (38,100 = 3.8Ghz), I don't know why ... Can anyone help me?
Update to the uefi bios the legacy bios have locked multiplier on ivy bridge cpus