[SOLVED] Problems with Port Forwarding - D-Link DIR-842

Jan 4, 2020
Hello,
I am trying to make port forwarding on my router, because I want to host my own gaming servers It's a model D-Link DIR-842 and I have Dynamic IP. I tried port forwarding in tabs Virtual Servers and in a tab Port Forwarding. Both of them didn't work, the port was still closed. I tried to add a port rule in my fire wall but it didn't work too and closing the firewall wasn't successful. So I need a help with this. If someone know the solution, please, write me.

Solution
would try the DMZ option it tends to be simpler to configure. After you get that to work you can setup the port forwarding rules.

Be very sure you actually have a public IP. Check the ip on the wan interface on your router and compare it with a site like whatsmyip. If they are not the same you do not have a public ip and port forwarding will never work

If you are sure you have the port forwarding rules setup correctly it tends to be that the program you are running maybe not actually active on the port.

You should be able to see the port in the resource monitor tied to the program.
would try the DMZ option it tends to be simpler to configure. After you get that to work you can setup the port forwarding rules.

Be very sure you actually have a public IP. Check the ip on the wan interface on your router and compare it with a site like whatsmyip. If they are not the same you do not have a public ip and port forwarding will never work

If you are sure you have the port forwarding rules setup correctly it tends to be that the program you are running maybe not actually active on the port.

You should be able to see the port in the resource monitor tied to the program.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS