Problems with Portable Airconditioner, it does not cool my room (Advice needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

math341c

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2012
Hello, ladies and gentlemen, I want to thank in advance for people that spend their time helping out people here :)

The problem is that I have a portable air conditioner that worked fine in an apartment I lived once, in a room that was 20m2, now I have moved out to a house and the room I want to cool (my office) is now only about 8-10M2. Its summer again and I need to cool my room, otherwise I can't work in this heat.

I want to notice that I am from Denmark, maybe it is important for this problem, as humidity levels are by standard high in my country.

So the problem is simply, that my portable air conditioner does not cool my room. I feel the cool air from it and I feel that the hose is "warm" that the compressor successfully transports warm air out of room trough my window outside, but it does not cool my room. I set it to 20 degrees and my room temperature just stays on 26 degrees, and I do not really know what to do, I have set up everything correctly, here I post some pics.

The first picture, as you can see, I have set the temperature to 20C and it is 25C all the time, it has not cooled anything :(

Temperature and set temperature (Picture)

And here I have pictures of my installation, as you see the hose is placed outdoor and all warm air goes through the hose outside, here are a few pics.
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6

I cant not see what i have done wrong :(, i hope you can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Math.

Well, with that window open like that it's no wonder the room won't cool. You're bringing hot air in faster than it can be removed. The window opening needs to be sealed except for the opening to which the vent is attached.

math341c

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2012
Well, with that window open like that it's no wonder the room won't cool. You're bringing hot air in faster than it can be removed. The window opening needs to be sealed except for the opening to which the vent is attached.

Thanks for your reply, but I do not really understand? The window "is" completely sealed, I use the window seal product from HOMEE. And if you look on picture 5 you can see that i have placed the hose in the zipper?

Looks like it goes right through a curtain in that picture. Either way, if that's just a thin piece of cloth covering the window it will still let in far more heat than is being tossed overboard. Been there, done that. You have to completely close off and insulate the open window leaving only the vent hole. This is the bane of this type of cooler.

Another issue is that sharp bend in the vent line at the floor. That sharp a turn will cause a backup in the vent line, resulting in less flow past the bend ( = less ability to remove heat). You want as short and direct a line to the outside as possible.

math341c

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2012
Looks like it goes right through a curtain in that picture. Either way, if that's just a thin piece of cloth covering the window it will still let in far more heat than is being tossed overboard. Been there, done that. You have to completely close off and insulate the open window leaving only the vent hole. This is the bane of this type of cooler.

Another issue is that sharp bend in the vent line at the floor. That sharp a turn will cause a backup in the vent line, resulting in less flow past the bend ( = less ability to remove heat). You want as short and direct a line to the outside as possible.

The windows are completely sealed as mentioned before, I used the same method of sealing windows in my old apartment and I could easily cool in 15 minutes from 30 degrees to 20 degrees.

I think it has as you say, it's a problem with the vent. As on picture 3 I have extended the vent that I put together with the vent originally from DeLonghi. I have extended it, as the original is not long enough to get through the window, I will try to take a look at it, thanks for help man :)

Status
Not open for further replies.