Video Cards (x2) - VGA XFX PVT98WYDFH 9800GTX+ 512M RT
Power Supply - PSU CORSAIR|CMPSU-750TX 750W RT
Processor - CPU INTEL|CORE I7 920 2.66G 45N R
Memory - MEM 3X1G|G.SKILL F3-15000CL9T-3GBPI
Hard Drive (x2) - HD 150G|WD WD1500HLFS
CD Drive - DVD BURN LITE-ON | IHAS222-06 LS
CPU Fan - CPU COOL ZALMAN|CNPS9900LED R
OS - Vista 64 Bit OEM premium

So here's my dilemma: When I first built my PC everything went fine the first time except my friend went out and bought Vista but it was 32 not 64 so we returned it the next day and my mom went and bought it for me cause I had studying to get done. But she bought the upgrade for vista 32 and 64 and not the actual system software but I didn't realize it. So there I was installing it then all of a sudden of course it wouldn't go through so I called microsoft to help diagnose and eventually the guy was able to figure out that it was the upgrade. Being such a nice guy he was able to find me a way around it. Note that when I was in the BIOS stages I didn't realize I forgot to turn something on but then a few days ago I looked through it again and found out what it was so before I did that I went and backed up everything because I knew it would reset everything as well as delete everything on the drives. So remember, I didn't have the actual OS at the time. So after I set up the RAID 0 and it deleted everything I tried to install again with the methods that the Microsoft gave me but failed and was stuck on the beginning stages where it asks for the drivers and couldn't get past it as it said that no drivers could be found at all. So I figured okay, maybe I need to go out and buy the actual OS because maybe they just did me a favor and patched it. So I went out and bought Vista 64 bit OEM premium. now the screwed up thing was that when I was installing it I still had the same issue so I got curious. What if I turn of the RAID 0? And so I did and it installed without a glitch! So here I am stuck without RAID 0 after I went through all that. Windows won't run with RAID 0 which I need it to but it does work without RAID on. Thanks for the help!

serpent1202

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
Draaco,

You need to install the raid drivers that came with your motherboard at the beginning of your OS Setup. You can do this a few ways. If you spent the xtra $10 and put in a floppy drive, you can use it. If you didn't, your going to have to slipstream the drivers onto your OS Install disk. You can find numerous instructions on how to do this on the net.

Just because you setup the RAID 0 in bios, doesn't mean the OS is going to recognize it without drivers installed.

Draaco3000

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
I didn't think I would need to buy a floppy with my new system, I thought they would be obsolete by now I guess not though... I will most likely go and buy one then to make my life easier. So how do I go about doing that at the befogging of the OS setup? I would most likely put the raid drivers that came with the motherboard disk on a floppy and then it would read it during the very beginning before I put in the code?

Draaco3000

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009

Hi, I'm a bit new in regards to building systems and have done quite a bit of research into certain things such as in this case, RAID but i am still a bit unsure in about a few things. You mentioned using a floppy drive (I will get an external since they are cheap i thought they would be obsolete by now truth be told) so would I take the driver off of the MOBO CD-ROM and put it onto a floppy? I originally thought that if I were to put that same CD in when it was asking for drivers it would recognize it but it never did. So is that all there is to it? just take the drivers and put it onto a floppy and it will recognize it?

Thanks, Draaco3000