problems with reading the information on my digital camera..

Hi :) thanks for even taking the time to read and hopefully try to help me.
I have a fairly new computer that has ports to insert the different types of
memory cards from digital cameras. I know there is a technical name for
these but at this time it totally escapes me. Last week all the sudden my
computer quit reading from these ports. We have used them many times with no
problems but now it is as if they don't exist anymore. Please help me if you
can.
--
Thank you all help is deeply appreciated

These ports are called memory card readers. If these ports came
preinstalled on your computer, you may want to check the support CD's
for the proper drivers/software and try reinstalling it.

Check Device Manager (Start-Run-Devmgmt.msc) and see if there are any
problems showing. See what you can do in there and if you can fix it
there. These slots should show up in My Computer as a Removeable Disk.
You can also check under Disk Management (Right click on My Computer,
click Manage, click Disk Management). It is possible that it is there,
but the drive letter is not assigned.

-----
Nathan McNulty

Kerrie wrote:
> Hi :) thanks for even taking the time to read and hopefully try to help me.
> I have a fairly new computer that has ports to insert the different types of
> memory cards from digital cameras. I know there is a technical name for
> these but at this time it totally escapes me. Last week all the sudden my
> computer quit reading from these ports. We have used them many times with no
> problems but now it is as if they don't exist anymore. Please help me if you
> can.

Thank you all works great now! I really do appreciate the help!

"Kerrie" wrote:

> Hi :) thanks for even taking the time to read and hopefully try to help me.
> I have a fairly new computer that has ports to insert the different types of
> memory cards from digital cameras. I know there is a technical name for
> these but at this time it totally escapes me. Last week all the sudden my
> computer quit reading from these ports. We have used them many times with no
> problems but now it is as if they don't exist anymore. Please help me if you
> can.
> --
> Thank you all help is deeply appreciated

Glad to hear it :)

-----
Nathan McNulty
Swap gmail with name for email :)