Problems with realtek audio drivers (suspected motherboard issue)

jakehazelnut

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017
Hi, recently I have been having a major problem with my Realtek driver/sound operation. It started when I was just browsing the internet and my computer suddenly restarted with a problem. When I got back on, for some reason my Realtek audio driver had uninstalled. I redownloaded the Realtek driver off of my motherboards driver page (https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H110M-H-rev-10#support-dl-driver-audio) and attempted to install it. Everything went as expected (restarted the PC) and when it turned back on there was no driver installed; it didn't show up in the show hidden icons tray like it usually does. When I started playing audio, I couldn't hear anything through my headphones. I also know that my headphones are fine because I can hear the audio when plugged into my monitor or my phone.
Initially, when looking in device manager> sound, video, game controllers the 'Realtek high definition audio' didn't appear as usual. I can make this appear by going to Action>Add legacy device and then selecting the appropriate options for the Realtek HD audio but when I select the latest version of the driver available to me, when installing, my computer crashes and restarts.
It does work however when I select a version from late 2016. But then I am met by yet another problem: I can now see 'Realtek HD audio' in my device manager but there is an error with it stating, "Code 10" and consequently doesn't function.
If anything is unclear, please contact me. Any and all help is extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance.
PS I am not sure what is causing the problem but think it may be the motherboard.

jakehazelnut

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017

Hi, i should have mentioned that i have looked in there and the Realtek audio controller doesn't not appear