• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question Problems with recording CMOS of ASUS 450 F Gaming Motherboard

May 27, 2021
I have an Asus B450F Gamming motherboard, I want to record the CMOS as the BIOS is corrupted and no message appears on the screen. The PC is totally dead. I am going to use the CH431A, the CMOS is 512Kb, but Asus BIOS .cap file is 16Mb and I need is a .bin file, can anyone help me? Why, if the CMOS is 512 Kb, the ASUS file is 16 Mb? Thanks.

May 27, 2021
You can use an USB drive to update the Bios from CAP file, there is a button at the rear panel for that.
Thank you Ivt.
This is my case. I tried to update the BIOS with a USB using the .CAP file from the ASUS website. I went through the whole procedure, but when the PC restarts nothing appears on the screen. Someone recommended that I use the CH341A to record CMOS. But I don't know how to get the file to record the CMOS, which must be a .bin. My CMOS chip is the 512KB W25x05CL, but the BIOS .CAP file is 16MB. How to get the .bin file to record CMOS. My motherboard is the Rog Strix B450-F Gammin, this model does not have the reset button nor does it have dual BIOS. Can anybody help me? Please.

ASK THE COMMUNITY