Problems with SSD and blue screen

mrmonkeybiz231

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Hello,

I have recently built my own computer and had some issues with it back then. I solved those issues eventually and for Christmas I was given a 250gig Samsung 840 evo SSD drive. I plopped it into my computer and used their data migration software to move everything over to the drive. I then later moved some stuff back to my 1TB WD HDD. Things seemed to speed up somewhat but now, 3 days later, I notice barely any improvement with start up speed. I don't know if this is because I have the computer or BIOS or something looking at the drive wrong... I am very new to the whole concept of building your own computer so I have no idea what to do. Would uninstalling Windows and wiping the SSD, then starting up the computer and installing a new copy of Windows (the same as if the first time I booted it up) be worth it? Or is there something else I can do? Yes, I have used Samsung Magician to set things up.

Also, I recently had a Blue Screen with the error of "Memory Management". I realize this is a memory issue, but I never had this blue screen in the month or so before I got the SSD. I wonder if maybe the whole "hibernation" thing the Samsung magician does maybe overworks the memory or something? My computer used to just simply go to sleep but it does something else now (like semi goes to sleep but it is not the same. It doesn't lock my Windows or anything). I have 8gigs of 1600 Ram. Any help would be highly highly highly appreciated. As I said, I'm not particularly knowledgeable about these things.

Thanks!

Solution
I have this exact issue.
Running a Asus z87-C and recently upgraded to a 250gb samsung EVO ssd. I ran the same setup minus the SSD before and never had any errors. Before the BSOD there are no errors/notifications in the system event log. It's a fresh windows 7 install with all the latest drivers from Asus.

avjguy2362

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
Do you have an Intel CPU? Even if you do you must have an Intel Sata controller on you MB or the EVO series SSD's are not going to work as they are supposed to. IF you do have an Intel Sata controller then you have different problems. I cloned my OS from an old WD Raptor to my Samsung 830 and it works exactly as it is supposed to, so cloning by itself is not a problem. Beyond that, did you use the Samsung Magician software's optimization utility? It will turn off all the unneeded HD, CPU and OS processes that can cause some problems and slow things down a bit too!

mrmonkeybiz231

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
I honestly have no idea if my motherboard has that. This is my motherboard:

GIGABYTE GA-Z87MX-D3H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

And yes I have used the magician to optimize the SSD.

Kapau

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
I have this exact issue.
Running a Asus z87-C and recently upgraded to a 250gb samsung EVO ssd. I ran the same setup minus the SSD before and never had any errors. Before the BSOD there are no errors/notifications in the system event log. It's a fresh windows 7 install with all the latest drivers from Asus.

Solution