Problems with SSD

Dovyda

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016
Hello, I have problem with new A-DATA 160GB SSD.
I connected SSD to pc with sata and power cable, like it should be.
But no SSD on bios, boot priority, my computer, and that problem when SSD should be black then you formate and its good I cant see SSD there too. Help me please, I don't know what I can do else.

Solution
Hey again.

Basically if you got the same result when you've tried the SSD with a different computer as well, it might be a faulty drive. If I were you, I'd get in touch withe the vendor I got it from or the SSD manufacturer's customer support and see what are my options. You might have to RMA it.

Please keep me posted.
Hey there, Dovyda.

It's normal for you not to be able to see the SSD in Disk Management if it's not detected by your BIOS/UEFI.
I'd recommend that you try the SSD with a different SATA port and different cables, or even better - with a different computer, to see if the same thing happens.
You could also try updating or resetting your BIOS/UEFI, to see if the SSD is recognized after words. If you can get another computer to recognize it, try updating the SSD's firmware if there are available updates for that model.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Boogieman_WD

Dovyda

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016
I tried SSD with different SATA ports and different cables it didnt help, and i tried with different computer. nothing here too :/
and when i tried to update bios to check if this helps it gave me error that this is not UEFI BIOS something like that.
My motherboard is asus p8h61-m le r2.0

Hey again.

Basically if you got the same result when you've tried the SSD with a different computer as well, it might be a faulty drive. If I were you, I'd get in touch withe the vendor I got it from or the SSD manufacturer's customer support and see what are my options. You might have to RMA it.

Please keep me posted.

Solution

Dovyda

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016

Ye, I'm thinking to visit the vendor tomorrow, will see what he will say.
I will let you know when il get some information.

TRENDING THREADS