[SOLVED] Problems with system for 2 weeks

Feb 25, 2022
So I suppose some of this is my own fault so I’ll start with the first issue. So I had a cooling leak which hit my mobo pretty bad shut it off very fast and dried all with isopropyl re assembled and worked again flawlessly for another month. One morning I came down and everything was running but black screen so tried to reboot and was stuck on cpu debug led so I thought ok maybe the liquid leak was worse than thought. So I replaced mobo,cpu,psu and upon inspection of the old board I found that under the vrm heat sincs it was still very wet and on the back of the board there was some resistors burnt out at the back of the vrm section. Ok my fault so I’ve assembled all the new components and worked for a few days but with constant bsod ran memtest86 first time 10 errors ran windows mem diagnostic and had errors I updated bios to latest and now I can’t get it to post, all switches on fine leds fans I get a brief signal to my screen which is black but it’s still a signal then cpu debug lights up and I lose power to keyboard and mouse. So a question did the old mobo kill all 4 sticks of ram in that incident as the only two components left to replace is gpu and ram specs as follows Msi x470 gaming pro carbon. Ryzen 7 2700. Corsair rm 1000x. Amd sapphire nitro r9 390. Corsair vengeance 32gb x4 8 gig sticks. Case raijintek enyo showcase. I’m really at a stuck point oh and to add before the no post it kept corrupting windows media player files (I use this pc for music) so that’s important to me. I can’t find the dump files as I can’t boot it but I remember the word kernel if that helps? I’m on my mobile and hope I posted this in the right place with enough info thanks again as I’m really pulling my hair out kn this one now

Solution
Try memtest with just one stick of ram.
Your motherboard manual will tell you what slot to populate with just one stick.
If no error, try each of the other sticks.
Then, the full kit.

Is your ram all from a single matched kit?
If not, that can cause problems.

Is your ram supported with your mobo/cpu combo?
Look at the mobo ram QVL list for your cpu. Is your kit explicitly supported?
Or, look at the Corsair ram support app.
Ryzen is picky about ram; not all ram is supported.

Lastly, your ram has a lifetime warranty.
Contact the ram guys at corsair ram support.
They may have a solution like increasing ram voltage.
Or, initiate a RMA for the kit if the ram is defective.
Feb 25, 2022
yes changed everything apart from ram and gpu at this point and I’m at a big loss on money, before when I could boot it the bsods we’re very bad even at idle before windows log in i got bsods ran mem test and had over 10 errors without even the first pass, reseated ram and had a pass with no errors but windows mem diagnostic came up with errors, so I’m just down to gpu and ram, could a gpu even cause the cpu debug led?

Feb 25, 2022
I did run memtest86 and windows mem diagnostic like said both had errors I can’t actually boot the pc at this stage to try again, all 4 sticks seem dead though on all dimms in any and all configs, so I wonder if I fried every stick of ram at once due to wet vrm from coolant leak?

I did run memtest86 and windows mem diagnostic like said both had errors I can’t actually boot the pc at this stage to try again, all 4 sticks seem dead though on all dimms in any and all configs, so I wonder if I fried every stick of ram at once due to wet vrm from coolant leak?

Entirely possible, but how doesn't really matter at this point. You're probably just a victim of what can happen with liquid coolers. If memtest86 throws errors, I'd start looking for new RAM........regardless of how or why it happened.

Feb 25, 2022
at this stage it’s the last option hoping it fixes the issues, I doubt it being gpu as during boot the debug gets past it fine in fact it acts like it wants to boot them cpu led comes on and keyboard goes dead, as said it was working shortly after re assembly with new components but with a bsod at least ever 30 mins to an hour, I just hope it’s the ram and not the gpu with it at this stage

Try memtest with just one stick of ram.
Your motherboard manual will tell you what slot to populate with just one stick.
If no error, try each of the other sticks.
Then, the full kit.

Is your ram all from a single matched kit?
If not, that can cause problems.

Is your ram supported with your mobo/cpu combo?
Look at the mobo ram QVL list for your cpu. Is your kit explicitly supported?
Or, look at the Corsair ram support app.
Ryzen is picky about ram; not all ram is supported.

Lastly, your ram has a lifetime warranty.
Contact the ram guys at corsair ram support.
They may have a solution like increasing ram voltage.
Or, initiate a RMA for the kit if the ram is defective.

Solution
Feb 25, 2022
yes it’s supported I’ve always used this combo before, I have tried each stick in each slot but the same problem, all from the same kit also yes, I can’t mem test individually as I can’t even boot into bios at the minute unfortunately and don’t have another machine to test the ram either.