Problems with the Right...

shihtzu4u

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2010
Hello fellow users out there...I'm in need of your help.

My right mouse button (I know...you're probably gearing up for an automatic response already) has frozen up and simply will not respond. This is a genuine MS Comfort Optical 3000 USB.

I'm reasonably smart around computers, and like to think I can figure most common problems on my own and be on my way. However, this one has me scratching my head. I've tried all of the standard appraches, such as removing and reloading the mouse and letting Windows find and reload it automatically, running virus and anti-spam apps, via Norton and its army of utilities, but all to no avail. I've removed the video card and reinstalled it with all of its drivers, reloaded Windows SP 3. Short of shooting this thing, I've run out of ideas.

Has anyone out there experienced this kind of problem? Is this a hardware issue? I might add that the video card (Zotac's GeForce 8400 GS) is brand new, and this problem did occur shortly after I installed it. Could this be related? It's the same manuafaturer as the one prior, NVIDIA, which I assumed was one of the better and more reliable brands out there.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should try?

shihtzu4u

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2010

Which setting would you suggest? I've tried to swithc buttons, and force a change, but no response!