[SOLVED] Problems with thermal paste replacement

Apr 12, 2020
Hello, I changed the thermal paste on my cpu and did everything as best I could with isopropyl 70% alcohol and placed it back in its place, although when I turn my pc on it shuts off after a good 20-30 seconds with nothing showing up on my monitor. I also changed the thermal paste with my computer being disconnected.

Solution
Make sure you have connected the cpu fan. Also that you have not over-tightened the cooler and are causing a short circuit in the mobo.

Make sure the power connectors on the board are securely connected, especially the 8-pin connector.
Apr 12, 2020
Double-check to make sure you didn't bend any pins on the cpu/socket and that everything is seated correctly by removing and reseating everything.
So, a little update, I reseated everything and reapplied thermal paste to the cpu. Nothing changed really, my computer still goes into limbo for 30 seconds and then shuts off. Im pretty sure I didnt bend any pins, so I am lost as to what happened.

Make sure you have connected the cpu fan. Also that you have not over-tightened the cooler and are causing a short circuit in the mobo.

Make sure the power connectors on the board are securely connected, especially the 8-pin connector.

Solution